EUSR - Politički savjetnik
The Advisor will report to the Head of Political in the Office of the EU Special Representative (EUSR) and will contribute to the work of the EUSR and his political mandate in BiH.
The EUSR in BiH is double-hatted with the EU Head of Delegation and the offices and resources of the EUSR work in full collaborative and supportive association with Delegation of the European Union to BiH. In accordance with the EUSR mandate to ‘facilitate progress on political, economic and European standards priorities”, the Advisor works seamlessly with the European External Action Service, European Commission services and other EU institutions as required by the EUSR.
The EUSR modus operandi and internal organisation may evolve in accordance with decisions of the Council of the European Union and in relation to the EUSR’s mandate in BiH. The duties and responsibilities outlined below are therefore typical but not exclusive and the EUSR reserves the right to reasonably amend the duties and responsibilities here within.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities include:
The post responsibilities in general include all aspects of Chapter 10 of the EU acquis (Information Society and media), freedom of expression, media freedom, freedom of religion and inter-religious dialogue, and cultural diplomacy. Accordingly the Advisor will need to have good relevant working experience and will have good technical knowledge of the EU policies and related Acquis. The Advisor will work as a member of the overall Political Section and as an integral part of the team directly working on EU Integration. The Advisor will work closely with team members of the wider office as required including with the Operations Sections, Legal, Rule of Law and in particular in consultation with the Head of Communications on matters of related responsibilities. Other work portfolio responsibilities may be added at the discretion of the EUSR.
– Provide substantive political and technical analysis and advice on assigned sectoral areas and other topics.
– Provide expertise and assistance to facilitate progress on the EU policies and priorities in BiH, including contributing to supporting external political processes and initiatives, governments and legislatures.
– Closely monitor, analyse and report upon institutional and legislative developments with specific attention to decisions related to European integration and EU law in the assigned sectoral responsibilities, and advise on implications to the objectives of the EU in BiH. Assess the political environment, monitor new developments, and contribute to the formulation of recommendations and strategies. Provide early warning and identify areas of political concern on upcoming decisions of the state-level and Entity Institutions and advise on further action.
– Closely collaborate and co-ordinate with other internal EU resources relevant to the assigned sectors, as appropriate to the tasks on hand and with due respect to the roles and responsibilities of each.
– Participation in the work of in-house teams Task Forces in the assigned EU policy areas. Provision of relevant inputs, analyses, LTTs etc, as required.
– Draft and/or contribute to regular and ad hoc analytical reporting and briefings on assigned sectoral areas and other topics. Provide at request talking points and background papers for meetings.
– Effectively liaise with and co-ordinate with other international community actors on all matters related to the assigned sectors and as directed by the EUSR. Conduct as appropriate related outreach and advocacy activities.
– Effectively liaise with and co-ordinate with relevant interlocutors in line ministries/institutions at state-level, as well as entity-level and Brcko District and civil society actors on all matters related to the assigned sectors and as directed by the EUSR. Conduct as appropriate related outreach and advocacy activities.
– As required, provide support to the EU’s external communications and public outreach activities related to the assigned responsibilities.
– Accompany EUSR and staff on related external activities as required including missions away from the workplace and outside of BiH.
– Be mindful of and incorporate wherever possible due regard to the EU’s cross-cutting policy agendas, most notably including matters of gender and intercommunity (inter-ethnic) reconciliation.
– Perform other tasks as assigned by the EUSR and/or delegated authority.
Deadline for application: 20 April 2018.
Preuzeto sa: www.europa.ba