OSCE - Administrativni asistent
Organization Name: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Srebrenica Field Office
Closing Date of application: 25-09-2017
No. of Posts: 1
NOTE: This is a temporary appointment for a period of up to 3 months.
Under the direct supervision of the National Administrative Officer the incumbent provides a variety of secretarial, clerical, logistical, administrative and security services according to predefined work plans and in accordance with the OSCE Regulatory Framework. The incumbent also ensures that staff in the field office is familiar with and adheres to relevant OSCE Rules and Regulations and provisions of Mission Manual.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Filters and answers office telephone calls;
- Dispatches and delivers incoming and outgoing mail and other deliveries (documents, faxes, contracts, miscellaneous letters, packages, etc.);
- Orders office stationery, monitors and provides the office with office supplies.
- Records attendance of staff in the Office;
- Collects and checks the utility bills and manages the Operation advances administration petty cash administration;
- Assigns tasks and supervises the work of the cleaner and drivers in the Office;
- Coordinates allocation of vehicles and supervises drivers assigned to the Office and initiates regular and extraordinary maintenance actions as well as damage reports;
Procurement/assets management and building management
- Point of contact regarding relevant procurement actions in the field office;
- Contacts services for various office repairs (air conditioning and heating device, door locks, pluming…) and forwards any necessary notification to Head Office through appropriate channels;
- Notifies National Administrative Officer of major repairs/replacement of furniture and equipment and of all changes to the Office inventory list and ensures proper authorization is secured for property and items being removed from the premises;
- Maintains contact with the Landlord whilst ensuring that General Terms and Conditions of the Lease Agreement are respected and ensures that OSCE premises are operationally fit and comfortable for work on day to day basis.
Reception and Security
- Controls the access to the Office and acts as emergency point of contact and focal point for local emergency teams and outsourced services;
- Before and after each workday operates the alarm system and coordinates the alarm code changes with the Head of Field Office;
- When required, supports National Administrative Officer in conducting periodic fire, bomb and safety patrols and drills throughout the Office;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Secondary school education supplemented by formal studies in secretarial, administration, accountancy;
- Minimum three years of office/administrative work experience preferably in an international environment; established organisational skills; knowledge of security rules and regulations, location of various agencies and organizations at the duty station and use of emergency equipment;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft applications;
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English and local languages;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Possession of valid driving license.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 2052.42 BAM/month. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna health insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/ .Please note that offline applications submitted via email, fax, or mail will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.