UNDP - Projektni saradnik
Title: Project Associate
Job ID: 15424
Practice Area – Job Family: Democratic Governance
Vacancy End Date (Midnight New York, USA): 11/04/2018
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Education & Work Experience: C-HS Graduate or Equivalent – 6 year(s) experience
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: External
Bureau: Europe & the CIS
Contract Duration: 12 months
BIH citizens only
The Support in the Sector of Competitiveness and Innovation: Local Development Strategies Action seeks to strengthen the Bosnia and Herzegovina’s capacity for generating growth and employment through boosting competitiveness and innovation. The specific Project objective is to support private sector development with a focus on export oriented, agro-rural and tourism sectors, as well as on enhancing the operational environment for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), including development of local digital entrepreneurship.
The Project envisages three inter-related results:
- MSMEs performance is increased due to better access and availability of well targeted measures and innovative business development services in competitive export-oriented sectors;
- Business environment for development of new businesses and support to existing ones is improved; and
- Entrepreneurial initiatives in tourism and rural value chains for income and employment generation are increased.
The Project is a 4-year initiative (2018-2021), primarily funded by the European Union (EU) under the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA). It is implemented jointly by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and International Labour Organization (ILO). UNDP is responsible for implementing Project activities in the agri-food sector, to include support to rural economies and agricultural efficiency via agri-food value chains and rural development. In this context, the Project intends to support modernization of large agri-food industry value chains, targeting commercial agri-food operations through a systematic and integrated measures alongside the supply chain: production, collection, processing, marketing and sales. The Project also plans to enhance diversification of rural economic activities with focus on small-scale farmers who dominate rural Bosnia and Herzegovina, by strengthening their competitiveness, supporting upscaling of their holdings, on-farm processing, promotion of short value chains and off-farm activities, such as crafts and services in forestry and agriculture. The Project support includes Grant Fund Facility (GFF) as a tool for sector-specific policy delivery, as well as process-based technical assistance and training with focus on designing, monitoring and evaluating support measures in the sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, duties and responsibilities of the Project Associate will include the following tasks with due respect to UNDP rules and regulations and the UNDP internal control framework:
Support to formulation of project strategies and implementation:
- Ensures that submissions for the project are prepared in line with the UNDP standards, rules and regulations;
- Coordinates procurement procedures for the project according to the UNDP rules and regulations, including support in the preparation of the procurement documents prepared by the project;
- Assists in the organization of field visits, missions, workshops, training, round-tables, conferences and study visits within the project;
- Maintains and updates all administrative, personnel and financial files and records as well as general office files related to the project;
- Assists in preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, requests for recruitments, interview minutes and requests for contract as well as supports;
- Assists staff by processing requests for personnel related documents in accordance with requirements of the organization;
- Maintains the inventory of project assets/equipment and project correspondence and files;
- Ensures completion of monthly leave reports and attendance records of project staff;
- Prepares vehicle and security request;
Support to project financial monitoring and management:
- Processes all following financial transactions on the Global Atlas System such as non-PO vouchers, requisitions, customer/vendor info updates, project budget revisions etc.;
- Processes financial documentation (vouchers, supporting documents, invoices, etc.);
- Ensures proper receipt of goods and services;
- Maintains the internal expenditures control system that ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed; transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas
- Takes timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers;
- Supports periodic and ad-hoc financial reporting to UNDP and other parties;
- Regularly monitors expenditures and commitments against project budget and relevant plans, and provides finance-related data to support project implementation and planning;
- Drafts various correspondence concerning finance, operations and budgetary issues as required;
- Assists team members, experts and consultants, in liaison with UNDP Operations, on financial and other operational matters.
- Prepares information for evaluations or audit purposes.
Support to project planning:
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for monitoring and evaluation of project implementation against project targets;
- Compilation and design of background information for formulation of project work plans, draft annual/quarterly budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements, and drafts of quarterly project reports.
- Monitors quality of delivery of inputs provided by the consultants, beneficiaries and contracted companies and communicates findings to supervisor;
- Maintains timetables for the Project Board meetings and provides support to organizing and holding the meetings, including the preparation and dissemination of information and follow-up.
Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Participates in the trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR, POPP, etc. and organize briefings for the project staff where necessary on new internal procedures;
- When necessary, provides guidance to project staff in business processes, administrative and other requirements and procedures;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Support to the Project Manager/ in effective gender equality knowledge capture and sharing
- Supports Project Coordinator in knowledge management on gender equality issues as well as that knowledge is incorporated in activities and products of the Country Office (CO);
- Support the Project Coordinator in dissemination and sharing relevant data and lessons learned within the CO and regionally;
- Ensures that all the data, when collecting and compiling inputs related to the project, are gender and age disaggregated and evaluated from the gender point of view;
- Ensures minimum 30% participation of the other gender in the preparation of meetings/consultations/trainings/commissions.
Results-Based Programme Development and Management/Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation;
- Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps drafting proposals;
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software;
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines;
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs.
Building Strategic Partnerships/Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives;
- Maintains databases of donor information
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches/Implementing processes and uses products
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches;
- Responds positively to new approaches.
Resource Mobilization/Providing information for resource mobilization strategies
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors;
- Maintains database of project files;
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing/Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise/Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
Client Orientation/Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each employee.
- Informed and transparent decision making.
Prince2 training and certification would present an asset.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Economics, Social Sciences or similar is an asset.
- At least 6 years of experience, same or like the tasks in this ToR, is required at the national or international level.
- Fluency in English and the official languages of BIH;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Preuzeto sa: www.jobs.partneragencies.net